Do you know what your website visitors are thinking when they read your content? If not, all of the SEO work you do will be in vain. The goal of any copywriter is to make a consumer feel something so that they take action and buy your product or service. One way to get the job done is by writing concisely. This blog post goes into detail about how concise writing can boost conversions with the power of SEO copywriting!
To understand the concept further, it’s important to ask yourself a couple of questions.
- How does your content read to consumers?
- Does it sound like a robot wrote it?
- Are you able to connect with the reader and make them feel confident about their purchase decision?
If not, then that’s the main reason that your search engine optimization copywriting should be concise. This will allow readers to consume your information quickly, but not at the expense of missing important details. Keep in mind that conciseness also applies to keyword use–don’t stuff keywords where they don’t belong just for the sake of having them there!
Before we go into details about concise writing, let me explain what SEO copywriting and concise writing mean.
What is SEO Copywriting?
SEO copywriting is a type of writing that ensures the website has an optimized search engine ranking. SEO copywriting aims to attract and convince clients searching for goods or services on Google, Bing, Yahoo! Search Engine Results Page (SERP), etc. We all want to rank on the first page of Google since a study shows that the first five SERP results account for over 67% of the clicks in 2021.
SEO Copywriting: The Six Elements
1. Consistent, well-researched keyword use
2. Proper URL structure
3. Clear and concise titles
4. Optimized meta descriptions
5. Solid internal linking strategy that makes content easy to find on your site or blog post.
6. A well-crafted content strategy that uses keywords effectively
What is Concise Writing?
Concise writing is the use of words and sentences that are short but also descriptive. It’s safe to say that this type of content marketing will get your point across while using less text in a space without sacrificing detail or quality.
Many people shy away from concise writing because they believe it won’t be appealing or professional enough for their needs. However, in reality, concise writing should be the goal that all content marketers aim for because it will do everything they want it to, plus more.
Why use Concise Writing?
Apart from better conversions and increased revenue, conciseness is also an easy way to monitor your word counts with SEO copywriting–something you’ll need if you’re trying to hit a certain word count.
And, of course, it’s always good practice to monitor and improve your content writing skills by editing for conciseness on occasion.
How does Concise Writing work?
Simply put, concise writing is the use of short but also descriptive words to get one point across without taking up a lot of space.
Basically, if you’re going to write about something boring and mundane in your content, try not to use more than 250 words on that topic–otherwise, it’s just too tedious for readers! (Plus, there will be less chance of the information being skimmed over.)
Concise writing is also a good SEO tool in your content marketing arsenal because it will help you with keyword density. You’ll be able to use words that are all related to one topic without having them compete too much for space–which means they can rank higher on the search engine results page (SERP). The easier your content is to read, the better chances it has to be shared by other websites. According to Search Engine Watch, this is important because high-quality content and link building are still the two most important ranking factors by Google.
How does Concise Writing affect conversions?
If you’re a content marketer, the goal is always to have more conversions. This usually comes down to your SEO copywriting and how you can make it better for consumers by being concise in everything you do–from writing blog posts to designing website banners.
This type of marketing will increase conversion rates if done correctly because readers can read and understand your content quickly without feeling overwhelmed.
Concise writing is also a great way to show off your skills as an SEO copywriter because it will allow you to use keywords in just the right amount–so that they don’t become overbearing or take up too much space on their own. This gives them room for other words, which means they can rank higher on the SERP.
How to Write Concisely?
If you’re writing an article, blog post, or any other type of content for marketing purposes, it’s a good idea to write concisely because it will allow readers and search engines alike to understand what you’re trying to convey in less time. Here are 10 tips for how to write concisely:
1. Focus on one topic; don’t get sidetracked and talk about too many things at once.
2. Cut out the unnecessary words, including anything that can be replaced with “it.” Rather than saying, “It was a beautiful day,” say something like, “The weather was beautiful.”
3. Use contractions such as “don’t,” “can’t,” and “ain’t” to make your writing more conversational. This means you’ll be able to use fewer words without sacrificing the tone of voice.
4. Remember that concise doesn’t mean less detail–just shorter sentences with many descriptive words.
5. Relax your mind and write what comes to you first without worrying about editing it afterward–sometimes, the best ideas come out when writing quickly on a topic. Once you’re done with something that’s been drafted this way, look at it again for areas where you can make cuts or contractions.
6. Try not to use too many “and” or “buts.” These do not add value to what you’re trying to say and usually take up more space than they’re worth.
7. Avoid using difficult words for the average reader–even if they seem helpful in establishing a certain tone of voice, they will actually have the opposite effect and will ultimately confuse your readers.
8. Keep a dictionary on hand to make sure you’re using the right words and that they fit what you’re trying to say. You don’t want to get halfway through writing something only to realize there’s a better word for what you wanted!
9. Use more descriptive words, not just content words. This will have the added benefit of allowing your content to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERP) because it’s more specific and informative about one topic without using too much space.
10. Use short sentences, but don’t sacrifice clarity on the words you use–sometimes this means using more sentence fragments or longer phrases instead of full paragraphs.
It’s always important for SEO copywriters to understand how different types of content marketing will affect conversions and what they’ll need to be successful with their work. Concise writing is the perfect way to increase conversion rates and show off your skills as an SEO copywriter.
How Does Concise Writing Effect RankBrain?
If you’re interested in rank-boosting–and who isn’t? -then it’s important to know how concise writing will affect your SEO copywriting. RankBrain is the newest algorithm that Google uses. It actually favors a conversational tone of voice and shorter sentences with quick keywords; this means if you follow these guidelines for writing concisely, you’ll be able to rank higher on SERP more easily. And writing content that will help you rank on Google makes sense since this popular search engine accounted for 70% of all desktop search traffic according to NetMarketShare.
Are There any Tools That Can Help Write Concisely?
Yes! There are actually many tools that can help you write concisely. One of the most popular is Hemingway App, which provides editing and feedback to show how what’s written could be simplified for a better understanding in just six minutes or less–it even has an option where writers can see their word count as they’re writing! Hemingway App also provides feedback on using contractions, such as “don’t,” and when the best time is to use them.
I also suggest signing up for the premium plan of Grammarly. Not only will this awesome tool correct your grammatical mistakes, but it will also make your content more concise by eliminating extra fluff.
Final Thoughts on Concise Writing: Boost Conversions with SEO Copywriting
The power of concise writing will ensure that consumers are more likely to click on a headline and continue reading an article if it’s succinct. They’re also less likely to bounce from your website or take their business elsewhere.
Professional SEO copywriting by our team will help you make sure that the content on your site is optimized so that people can find what they need easily, which in turn leads to increased conversions and sales. If you want professional writers who know how consumers read online, get in touch with us today!